Fridley Community Theater is excited to announce auditions for their 2024 dinner theater show, Agatha Christie’s, The Hollow directed by Andrew Nawrocki. Auditions will be held at the Fridley District Auditorium, 6000 West Moore Lake Drive, on Monday, November 27th and Tuesday, November 28th from 6:00-8:00 pm.
As provided by the publisher, The Hollow tells how an unhappy game of romantic follow-the-leader explodes into murder one weekend at The Hollow, home of Sir Henry and Lucy Angkatell, arguably Christie’s finest comic grande dame. Dr. Cristow, the Harley Street lothario, is at the center of the trouble when, assembled in one place, we find his dull but devoted wife, Gerda, his mistress and prominent sculptor, Henrietta and his former lover and Hollywood film star, Veronica. Also visiting are Edward and Midge, whose romantic assertions are likewise thrown into the mix. As the list of romantic associations grows so does the list of potential suspects when Cristow is shot dead. Nearly everyone has a motive, but only one of them did the deed.
Auditions will consist of readings from the script. Please bring a resume and headshot if you have them. And your best British accent! You will fill out an audition form and have your photo taken when you arrive.
- Henrietta Angkatell-30s-40s smart, independent
- Henry Angkatell-50s-70s distinguished, clever, indulgent of his wife
- Lady Angkatell-50s-60s big personality, scatterbrained, smarter than she looks,
- Henry’s wife Midge Harvey-20s-30s warm, kind, practical
- Gudgeon-any age smart, loyal, old school butler Edward Angkatell- 30s-40s pleasant, bookish
- Doris-20s-40s naïve, gossipy maid
- Gerda Cristow-20s-50s timid, dim
- John Cristow-30s-50s good looking, brusque doctor
- Veronica Craye- 30s-40s glamorous film star
- Inspector Colquhoun-any age quiet, thoughtful, charming
- Detective Sargent Penny-any age officious, smart
Actors of all abilities and experiences are encouraged. Diversity is encouraged.
First read through in early December with rehearsals beginning on January 2nd and running Monday-Friday 6-8:30 pm.
Performances are February 9,10,15,16 at 7 pm and February 17 at 2 pm. All performances are at the Fridley District Auditorium, 6000 West Moore Lake Drive, Fridley, MN.
We prefer that you select a time slot for your audition using SignUpGenius, but we will accept walk-ups plugging you into available slots.
All roles are unpaid.